Interpreters and translators do important work. That’s why at the Upper Midwest Translators and Interpreters Association (UMTIA) our mission is to improve the quality of interpreting, translating, and language resources in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, South Dakota and North Dakota.
As a professional association, we achieve our mission by improving the quality of work our members produce. We do this by helping our diverse members connect and network with one another, and by offering continuing education units (CEUs) for interpreters and translators in Minnesota through our trainings, workshops and events.
How Could Membership Benefit You?
If you’re working in translation or interpretation, please explore what UMTIA has to offer you. After you’ve done that, you can find out more information about joining UMTIA. You can also subscribe to as-they-happen email updates about UMTIA programs, industry trends and more.
Why Should I Become an UMTIA Member Today?
- As an UMTIA member, you will have access to a discounted rate for workshops. Instead of paying $40, you pay just $20. Since annual membership is $40 per calendar year, membership pays for itself if you attend two workshops.
- You will have access to a fun UMTIA member picnic in the summer and the annual membership meeting in the fall. This special membership meeting gives you the opportunity to connect with other members, attend an excellent presentation by a keynote speaker and cast a vote for members you want to see on the Board.
- You will be able to apply for UMTIA scholarships (stay tuned for more info on a new 2019 scholarship!)
- Additionally, being in UMTIA is great for making connections in the field, it’s something you can put on your resume, it helps increase your visibility, it counts towards CCHI CEU’s when you volunteer, etc. etc. See more reasons to join today here!
- And of special note, all UMTIA members are asked to commit to complying to the ethical standards of the profession when initiating and renewing memberships. UMTIA places great value on complying with the Code of Ethics & helping members be the best professionals possible!
Do note: UMTIA memberships last the calendar year i.e. January 2019 through December 31, 2019. So now is a great time to become a member and have access to the benefits all year long!
If you have further questions, please reach out to [email protected]!