2023 UMTIA Annual Membership Meeting and Job Fair
The Executive Committee is excited to invite you to UMTIA's Annual Membership Meeting and Job Fair for Interpreters and Translators.
Saturday, May 6, 2023
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
3300 Century Ave N
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
East Campus, Lincoln Mall (2nd floor)
Cost: FREE for Century College Students
Cost: $ 30 for Individual Members
Cost: $ 50 for Individuals who are not UMTIA Members
Cost: $ 60 for Institutional and Corporate Members
Cost: $ 75 for Institutions and Corporations that are not UMTIA Members
CEUs: 2 hours ATA - CCHI - IMIA
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Registration, Networking, and Refreshments
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Business Meeting
11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Panel Discussion "UMTIA at 20: A Retrospective"
12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Job Fair & Lunch
**Lunch will only be provided if registered online before 04/25/2023. There will be NO OTHER ON-CAMPUS FOOD OPTIONS available.**
1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Presentation options (join one):
1) "Decision Making Latitude: Using Demand Control-Schema in Interpreting"
By Paula MacDonald, MS, NIC, QMHI
2) "Vicarious Trauma, Compassion Fatigue and Resilience: A conversation about interpreter well-being and effectiveness"
By Arlyn Anderson, MA, ICF Certified, CPCC, CI & CT
3) "What do Employers Need from Translators & Interpreters Today?"
Facilitated by Mauricio Montes de Oca, CHI
3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Closing Address
Click on the following links to download the Presentation Descriptions & Presenter Bios, and a map of Century College East Campus First and Second Floors.
Registration after 04/25/2023 will not include lunch (both online and on-site). There will be no other on-campus food options available.
Online registration will close on 05/01/2023 at 8:00 pm. On-site registration will be available on the day of the event but lunch will not be provided and there will not be other on-campus food options available.
Attendees MUST be present for the entire duration of the event to receive a CEU Certificate. We will be taking attendance.
Additional event information:
- Accommodations: if you require special accommodations, please email email@example.com. Any considerations will be taken into account until 04/25/2023.
- Attendance at this event presumes acceptance of the use of photographs of the event for UMTIA and Century College promotional material.
- Please click here to see our credit policy.