Welcome interpreters! Find resources here that apply to your work. If you’re looking for specific subfields like medical, or legal, filter resources by selecting the options to the right, or use the search bar.
- Acebo – Study and practice materials for aspiring interpreters
- Code of Ethics and Professional Practice (PDF), American Translators Association
- Monterey Institute for International Studies
Resources for Medical Interpreters
Glossaries and other heart and heart disease related sites
Medical terminologies in multiple languages
Spanish language medical images glossary and article
Free Medical Interpreter Training Videos DVD Produced by Century College
- To request a copy, please email Cristiano Mazzei at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MN Dept of Health Spoken Language Health Care Interpreter Roster
National Code of Ethics for Interpreters in Health Care (PDF), The National Council on Interpreting in Health Care
Others/Resources for Training and Self-Improvement
- Self-paced, web-based course offered by HCIN for interpreters of all languages. Potential to earn up to 7 hours of CEU credits from the ATA, CCHI, IMIA and Washington State DSHS! To sign up or learn more, go here.
Resources for Hospital Managers
National Standards of Practice for Interpreters in Health Care (PDF), The National Council on Interpreting in Health Care
- Sight Translation Guidelines for Healthcare Interpreters, The National Council on Interpreting in Health Care
Resources for Legal Interpreters
- Code of Professional Responsibilities for Court Interpreters, Minnesota Judicial Branch
- MN State Court Interpreter Program, Roster, and Certification
Resources on Interpreting in Situations Related to Domestic Violence
Resources for Educational Interpreters
- Code of Ethics & Standards of Practice for Educational Interpreters of Spoken Languages, published August 2015