You can think of what we offer at the Upper Midwest Translators and Interpreters Association as “fill-ups” to keep you performing to the best of your ability. If you’re looking for more in-depth longer term, educational programs, there are a number that are available in Minnesota. Check them out here.
At the Upper Midwest Translators and Interpreters Association (UMTIA), we believe that everyone who works as a translator or interpreter should have a degree or completed a certificate program in those areas before beginning work in the field.
Our workshops are supplementary, specialized and designed to fulfill the continuing education requirements for professionals who have already entered the field. To help you get started down the path to a career in translation or interpretation, we’ve provided links to some of the Minnesota institutions that have programs that can help you get the right foundational training before entering these fields.
- Century College Translating & Interpreting Program
- Riverland Community College Translating & Interpreting Program
- University of Minnesota College of Continuing Education Program in Translating and Interpretation
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College in Worthington
- National Board Certification for Medical Interpreters
- Certification Commission for Health Care Interpreters
- Minnesota State Court Interpreter Program, Roster, and Certification
- U.S. Federal Court Interpreter Certification
- Healthcare Interpreter Certification: Just the Facts, ATA, ATA Member $35 or Non-Member $50