IMIA Lifelong Webinars
When: Thursday, June 29, 2017
Topic: The Religious Side of Medical Interpreting and Patient Care.
2:30pm Pacific / 4:30pm Central / 5:30pm EST
Presenter: Emily Dalerta
Offers IMIA CEUs 0.15 CEUs
IMIA Member: Free
General Public: $25
This workshop will examine the role of religious and spiritual services in the medical setting in the U.S., the existing regulations regarding these services and in what contexts they are found as well as the responsibility of medical interpreters for this terminology and tips on being prepared for this type of session.
- Examine the role of religious and spiritual services in the medical setting
- Review and discuss norms and application of religious services in the medical setting
- Discuss considerations/tools/tricks to use in religious interpreting sessions
Emily Dalerta is a Spanish medical interpreter and translator based in South Florida. She has performed a wide variety of language work including translation, interpreting, editing, ESL and Spanish language teaching for over 10 years. In 2013 she became a National Board Certified Medical Interpreter (CMI)-Spanish. She currently serves as the Vice-Chair of the IMIA Events Committee and the IMIA Florida State Chapter Chair. She is an active member of the IMIA and the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Florida (ATIF).
- At the time of Webinar registration, type in your name as it should appear on the certificate, send all requests to: [email protected]
please allow two (2) weeks for processing.
Current IMIA members: please register for the Webinar at least 48 hours prior to the event, an email with login instruction will be sent out prior to the scheduled Webinar.
Disregard the payment prompt for this transaction. No further action is required if you are an active member.
- General public: please complete the payment page in order to receive the email with login instruction; registration and payment must be completed 48 hours prior to the event
- Expired IMIA members: please complete your renewal and payment 3 days prior to the event (otherwise we will not be able to guarantee your access to the Webinar)
- After you register, you will receive an email 24 hours prior the webinar start time with login information and instruction
- $10 fee applies for re-issue of certificates requested more than a year from the date of original Webinar
Attendance Policy: Certificate of attendance/CEU will NOT be issued if the attendant is more than 10 minutes late or does not stay for the entire duration of the Webinar.