Register now for this “can’t miss” ATA webinar!
Why Can’t I Raise My Rates?
Presenter: John Milan
Date: May 25, 2017
Time: 12 noon U.S. Eastern Daylight Time
Duration: 60 minutes
CE Point(s): 1
Understanding the market forces that affect translators and interpreters is
critical to knowing what decisions to make when setting rates.
Attend this ATA webinar to learn how prices are determined in a competitive
freelance market and what translators and interpreters can do to influence
what they charge for their services. [Learn More]
What will you learn?
- Why value and marginal utility matter to translators/interpreters
- How a competitive market affects and controls pricing
- The roles of scarcity and demand in language services
- How prices for language services are determined
- What individuals can do to influence the prices that they charge
In compliance with U.S. anti-trust law, no specific rate recommendations
will be made during the webinar.
About the Presenter
John Milan is an ATA-certified Portuguese>English translator, economist,
writer, and lecturer with over 20 years of experience in language services.
He holds a Master of Science degree in Microeconomics from Ohio State
University as well as Bachelor degrees in Spanish and International Political
Economy from Indiana University.
Unable to attend? You can register for this webinar now and a link to the
recorded version will be sent to you after the live event!